Fall is officially here and while everyone is all about pumpkin spice, we are PSYCHED for Halloween. My kids love dressing up and eating candy on a regular basis, so they adore this holiday where doing both is glorified. Superheroes and princesses usually dominate the trick-or-treat scene, but if you are looking for something a little less common we’ve got you covered! (*note: I am NOT knocking princess or superhero costumes… especially since my daughter dresses up like a princess literally every day).
As with most of our posts, some links may be affiliate links. This means at no additional cost to you, we may make a small commission on anything you buy through the link. You don’t pay anything extra, but you help support your favorite blog with something you would have bought anyways. Thanks for supporting us so we can keep on bringing you great free content!
10 Halloween Costumes for Kids that are NOT Princesses or Superheroes:
- Ash Costume: You can’t have Pokemon fun with an Ash costume! Most costumes just come with a red hat, but this Ash mask kind of steps it up a bit. Pikachu costumes are selling out left and right, so why now switch it up with this Pokemon-related option.
- Shopkins: I still have no idea why so many kids are obsessed with these little plastic figures, but the costumes are pretty darn cute. There are a ton of Shopkins costumes out there for a great price, most under $25.
- Wild Kratts: My kids are OBSESSED with this show and I was surprised to see a number of Wild Kratt costumes on Amazon.
- Life of Pets: This was a great movie and almost every character is available as a costume. My favorite is Gidget.
- Shimmer & Shine: Boom Zahramay, first wish of the day!! If your little genie is obsessed with this Nick Jr. show, you are in luck since Amazon has both Shimmer & Shine in stock!
- Headless Kid: If your child loves freaking out his friends, this costume is AWESOME. If a kid showed up to my house in this costume, I would totally give him all my candy.
- Headless Kid: I love that they redid this movie with all women, so I am sure lots of little girls would love to get those ghosts Halloween night in this super cute costume.
- Ninja: I can personally vouch for this ninja costume, since my son wore it one year. The quality of the costume was really good and he looked awesome in it.
- Unicorn: Every child would be thrilled to ride a unicorn and this costume makes that happen in the most adorable way possible.
- Emoji Masks: If you are looking for a fun, family friendly costume that won’t break the bank… this set of 6 emoji masks are totally selfie-worthy.
There you go! A perfect roundup of costumes that are reasonably priced and ready to ship! If you are still looking for some good Halloween ideas, there are a ton of cute toddler ideas from Joanna over at our sister blog, Motherhood & Merlot.