Work parties, family gatherings, neighborhood potlucks, traditions with friends, for many people the holiday season means a schedule packed to overflowing. With such a busy schedule it is often easy to push ourselves to the back burner. And yet the only way to make it through the busiest time of year is to make time for self-care. Even if you only have time to schedule one or two of these into your schedule, a little self-care is better than no self-care!
2. Schedule a long lunch. The work can wait for an extra 45 minutes!
3. Gratitude List. Take time to sit and write down a list of things in your life you’re grateful for during this season. You can also take time to teach your children about gratitude when you do this.
4. Workout. Schedule time for whatever workout is most relaxing to you…long walk, run, yoga session or any other sweat session that helps you feel centered.
5. Grab a cup of coffee. Indulge in a cup of coffee with a fun flavor and then sit and enjoy the whole cup.
6. Read a magazine. It might not be realistic to read a whole book during the holidays but you can pick up a magazine and practice a little self-care sitting down to read.
7. Get a manicure or pedicure. Sit and relax for 30 minutes while someone else buffs and polishes your nails
8. Meet up with a friend. You’ll probably see a lot of your friends and family over the holiday but take time to catch up one-on-one with a friend apart from all of the events of the season.
9. Schedule a night in. It’s okay to turn down one of the menu holiday party invitations you are sure to receive. Skip one and have a relaxing night in.
10. Have a dance party! There’s just something about turning up the music and having a dance party in your living room that sets things right again.
What do you do for self-care?