It is the end of year, and what a year it has been! We are so grateful for all of the support and love that we have gotten since Strong Girl Collective started a few months ago. We cannot wait to see what is in store for 2017! Since it is the end of the year, we have compiled a list of a few of our 2016 yearly favorites to share with you all.
Some links may be affiliate links. This means at no additional cost to you, we make a small commission on purchases made through the link. You don’t pay anything extra, but you help support this site. Purchases are not required, but certainly appreciated. Thank you.
2016 Yearly Favorites
- Thigh High Boots: Thigh high boots (aka over the knee boots) are always a must, for every season. But this year, they have been a closet staple!
- Swing Dresses: Lauren here! I love dresses and this year swing dresses were my favorite. They are comfy while still being cute. There are also some simply gorgeous floral ones, and solid ones in a range of colors. These are great for summer (or year-round if you live in FL like me), but in colder climates like Cajun in Tennessee, you can pair them with tights, boots and a cardigan. (Bonus: You can eat as much as you want without having to suck in your gut, always a win in my book!)
- The BEST yoga pants in the world. As a work at home mom to a 16-month old boy, I’m basically a yoga pants connoisseur. These from Viosi on amazon are extra thick (so they are never see-through), and long enough to cover my 33″ inseam completely. They come in 22 color variations and don’t stretch out too much. Best of all, they roll up enough to cover any mom pooch and have a very flattering flare leg. All priced between $10 and $18. I have five pairs and asked for more for Christmas.
- Lace-Up Flats: Lace up flats were huge this year, and we have a ton of them! They can be dressed up or down and these days you can find them at a variety of price points.
- Kendra Scott jewelry: Quite simply, we’re obsessed. I love the look of the jewelry and the versatility of so many of the pieces. They are affordable and classic, but also so unique. My favorites are the Alex Tear Drop earrings and any of the lariat necklaces.
- Beauty Blender: If there is one beauty tool that has to be on your “get it ASAP” list, it would be a beauty blender. These little sponges have upped the makeup game, and your foundation will never be the same again after using one.
- Oval Makeup Brushes: At first glance, these might seem extremely gimmicky. If you would have asked us a few months ago, we would have said the same thing! But, these types of brushes help you apply your makeup quicker, and they are fun to use.
- Sea Buckhorn Seed Oil: After reading an article about this stuff I decided to try it and have already gone through 2 bottles this year. I just pat it on before bed and it has made my skin feel and look so much better!
- Coola Sunscreen: We know sunscreen isn’t a very sexy item, but this sunscreen really broke the mold this year. When Cajun challenged her fellow founders to give up a ride or die skin care item for a green beauty swap, we weren’t expecting to find a killer sunscreen that mattifies, works as a beautiful makeup primer, pore filler AND is completely safe! Needless to say we all made the switch and you should too!
- amika Hair Tools: Julie here and I have the (mod)ern curler + clutch (a Birchbox exclusive): This wand continues to be my favorite month after month and it helps every day to be a good hair day! Cajun here and I have the Bombshell Blowout Thermal Brush and simply can’t put it down! I have really curly hair in the front and completely lifeless hair in the back. I just dry my hair upside down and section it off and use this like any curling iron. The result is smooth wavy body and uniform texture with lots of volume. Doing my hair has NEVER been so easy!
- Lumee Case: This beauty takes the selfie game to the next level! The glowing LED lights allow you to take photos anytime, anyplace, and they give you a glow without an extremely harsh flash.
- Kindle: Taking time for yourself is so important and if you love to read, a Kindle is a must. You can hold hundreds of books on this small, lightweight device. This allows you to sneak in some reading whenever you have a moment. And even if you forget your kindle at home, you can always download Amazon’s app for Android or iPhone and it will sync with your kindle seamlessly. You can always pick right back up where you left off.
- FitBits: If you’re looking for a great activity tracker, look no further than the new FitBit Flex 2, which is under $80 right now. It’s waterproof and comes with a ton of cute new accessories for wearing like a rose gold bangle, or a lariat pendant. I actually bought the FitBit Alta just a couple months ago and now I’m wishing I had waited until the Flex 2 came out. 🙁
With so many things that trended, so many new fads, and so many great fashion items, the list of things to love from this year is huge. What have some of your 2016 yearly favorites been? Share them in the comments below, and make sure to subscribe to get our monthly favorites in 2017!